Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 3 June 2011

Allsorts DT call/Baby card

Happy Summer to all in blogland!
Summer seems to have landed with the start of June, we took the kids to Burghley Gardens of Surprise yesterday and I got sunburnt, ouch!!
The card I have made to show you today is for my friend who had a baby on Tuesday, Sophia was a week over due and Sally was very relieved when she finally made an appearance!
The fantastic challenge blog, Allsorts, are having a DT call the next couple of weeks and although I don't stand much chance I thought I would enter for it. (I don't have much luck with DT calls as a rule but nothing ventured, nothing gained!) Maybe they're all trying to tell me something lol!!



The image, a Mo Manning stamp called Baby Fairy Flora, I played around with and tried to do a pyramage with. It's an abbreviated pyramage because I didn't cut the middle image out right. Don't know if it works but I've left it on!
I tore the corners back and decorated with buttons and gems. The pink cardstock was run through a Craft Concepts In bloom embossing folder.The flower arrangement is supposed to be a bouquet with the stems hidden within a folded back piece of card, hope that what it looks like anyway!

I used a corner photo punch on the inside left for the proud parents to display a piccie and the sentiment, which I borrowed from my mum, is silver heat embossed.

Other supplies: Go Kreate card die
SU sentiment and scallop (front of card)
Nesties label 9 and Shapeabilities Foliage
TH Distress inks
Silver gel pen
flowers, buttons, ribbons, brads and gems from stash


Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment
don't forget to enter for my blogaversary candy, either scroll down for details or click on link in my sidebar



Love,

15 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Nicola don't put yourself down it took me a while to be accepted on to a dt team now I am on 5 so if I can do it you can your cards are fabulous and never say otherwise or I will have to come and sort you out lol my fingers are crossed for you so good luck
Jacki xx

brenda said...

Another stunning piece of work Nicola and it's lovely when peeps take the time to decorate the inside as well, it makes a beautifully rounded piece.

Thanks for entering our DT call and good luck.

B x

coops said...

beautiful card nicola.the image is so sweet and i love your pretty colours and stunning details.
good luck in the dt call hun ;D

xx coops xx

Mary J said...

Niola, how beautifully put together! Your colouring is lovely too - so soft, perfect with her!!

Unknown said...

Wow this is stunning Nicola Mo's images are always lovely and you have coloured her beautifully, and the flowers are gorgeous as is the inside, have a great weekend.
Chris x

fairysparkle said...

Nicole this is just beautiful good luck x

chris said...

Hi NIcola, wow wee this is gorgeous, your friend will love it its certainly one to treasure.
can you give me a ring, I have emailed you hugs chris xx

Fleur said...

Hi Nicola, this is stunning. Really beautiful. You have some fab ideas.
Don't put yourself down, I applied for loads before getting onto ALLSORTS
Good luck with our DT call
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

Lynda said...

This is beautiful - i love everything about it. The image is gorgeous and so is the design. I'm sure that this is a worthy DT submission. xx

Heather said...

this is simply stunning, I think the colours are gorgeous, good luck with the Dt call, I've never had the guts to apply for one, will keep everything crossed for you xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Nicola this is stunning I love the flowers on the front gives it a very enchanted feel

Thanks for entering the DT call and the best of luck to you

Emma xxx

Louise said...

Hi Nicola this is a real stunner your friends is very lucky to be recieving this gorgeous creations, love it.
Louise xx

Crafting Misfit said...

This is very pretty. I love that you didn't forget about the inside and made that one pretty too :)

craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

Sara said...

Your cards are beautiful Nicola and any design blog would be gald to have you as a DT member I`m sure, if not they are mad ! This card is stunning, beautifully coloured and the layout and embellishments are fab, hugs Sara xx

scotspanda said...

super card, good luck in the dt call :o)

hugs

Amanda xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...