Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 3 August 2014

On the beach @ Simply Magnolia

Morning everyone,
Our current challenge over at 
 is still
 'On the Beach'
 and so you still have nearly a week left to enter your seaside projects!
I love the summer challenges, seaside ones in particular, but I think I need a few more summer Tildas as I only have a few!


The boat is another of my invented creations, making it completely from scratch. I drew a boat shape onto white card, cut two strips of white card to build the sides - scoring along the length top and bottom so the top could be folded over. I made lots of close cuts along the length before folding along the other score line to be able to shape the sides when glueing to the base.
 The paper inside the bottom of the boat is Nitwits digi. The paper on the outside of the boat and the boat's seat are Maja and the paper on the easel is Raspberry road digi. Paper on the flags is Magnolia.


The easel itself is quite plain, the beach paper giving the perfect backdrop to the boat. Magnolia Salute Tilda is coloured with distress inks and cut out to stand on the edge of the upturned boat. Magnolia doohickeys used were flags and fence. The oars are wooden coffee stirrers, just adding a roughly oar shaped end to one and blinging up with pearls. The fishing net is material from my stash.



The finishing touch holding the boat in place are the collection of decorative shells and a Tim Holtz bottle filled with more smaller shells and two different colours of flower soft.

Our fab sponsor this time is Magnolia-licious
with this wonderful prize:

Challenges I would love to enter:
Ribbon Girl - Anything but a square
MDUC - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Midweek Magnolias - Easel cards


Thanks for visiting me today, I really hope you can join us at Simply Magnolia this time, I love seeing all your awesome creations!
Have a fantastic week ahead....
Hugs,


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hiya intelligent points.. now why didn't i think of these? Off topic barely, is this page pattern merely from an ordinary installation or else do you utilize a customized template. I use a webpage i'm in search of to improve and nicely the visuals is probably going one of the key issues to complete on my list.....Cccam Server

Exclusively by Mel said...

Oh wow! this is just so amazing, I love your wonderful easel card! and thank you so much for joining us at Midweek Magnolias, Mel. xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Nicola,
Oh; I can see someone is having fun with 3d cards!:-) A lovely Easel card; beautifully decorated. The boat is so cool; very creative work. Thanks for sharing with us at LLC again this month. Hope you're enjoying Summer.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Pysselfröken said...

Fantastic Project! Very cute with the Boat. Your coloring is perfect too. Have a nice Day!
Hugs Frida

XxJULESxX said...

Oh what talent you have!!! another stunning creation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...